My world has changed. Over the last 2-3 years I have moved away from loving hardware (seriously, who wouldn’t fall in love with a gorgeous IBM blade chassis?) to loving SaaS services. It started with Gmail, where I host all my email, but it has extended to many parts of my life. I have since vowed never to own another piece of hardware, except for what I need to connect to the world.
Below is a list of services I use nearly every day but over time I will post all the great services I find, even if I don’t use them myself. Someone will gain from finding awesome services that they never knew about before. I hope you do.
A quick note for any product marketing people out there. If you want to know the truth, I will almost always give preference to a SaaS product that has a mobile app to go with it. I really love my iPhone and the convenience it gives me to break away from my desk.
The services I use frequently (I will update this over time):
- Gmail – email
- Saasu – book keeping
- Mitto SMS – sending sms (ok, this is my site, so it’s hardly surprising I use it daily)
- Dropbox – file storage and backup
- Genieo – personal “magazine”
- Unfuddle – source version control, ticketing and general development coordination
- iSendr – large file sharing though your web browser
- Prezzi – awesome presentation tool
- Pingdom – website monitoring
- HootSuite – a better interface to Twitter
- oDesk – online workforce
- LinkedIn – business social network
- Picassa – photo storage
- WordPress – blog publishing