Ok, so this is an app very close to my heart. I have been looking for a way of avoiding writing an app for delivering notifications to my users on http://www.mittosms.com. The cost of app development is still too high ($5,000+ for a basic application is the standard quotation I get) and I only need it for some basic communication with my clients. Notifo offers a managed third-party service with no-or-little cost of accessing the service and a trivial API to access all the functionality I need.
So, what does it offer?
For the developer (i.e. me):
- Low cost and low stress technique for delivering a notification message (and a URL link) to a user
- Multiple interfaces: API, Email, RSS
- A free app for my users to download and use (it does other stuff as well!)
For the consumer (i.e. you?):
- A free iPhone and Desktop app to use and abuse
- A notification system for many different services: Twitter, RSS news feeds, Github, Nagios, Splunk, etc.
- An awesomely simple one-click browser plugin for sending URLs to your phone
- A basic P2P instant message system
- http://pastefire.com – Paste text or images from your browser to your iPhone
- http://www.manicnetworks.com – Notification server for your mobile app
- http://www.xtify.com – Notification (and location) service for your mobile app
- http://www.prowlapp.com – Growl client for iPhone
- Post a comment to add to this list …